Elizabeth "Beth" Carroll
Herding Cats, Solving Problems, and Buttoning Up the Details
I am a highly-detailed, adaptable, quick-learning project manager & designer with broad experience & a vast set of creative skills. I specialize in finding consensus-driven solutions to complex problems by listening closely for areas of overlap & opportunities for collaborative partnership. I am a loyal, team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Project Management
- Technology Expertise
- Design & Creative
- Strategic Planning
- Budget Management
- Project Scheduling
- Team Building & Supervision
- Consultant Management
Bachelors in Landscape Architecture, Texas A&M University 2001 – 2006, GPA 3.71 / 4.0
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude, 1st in Class
- 2006 Recipient of ASLA Student Honor Award
- 2005 Chair for Aggie Workshop
- 2005 “Who’s Who” Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- 2005 Department Head Award
- 2003 Distinguished Student Honor Roll for the College of Architecture
- 2002-2006 Tau Sigma Delta Architectural Honors Society
Project Director, The Trail Foundation (TTF), Austin, TX | 09/2010 – 08/2019
In the heart of Austin, TX is the Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail at Lady Bird Lake. With more than 4.4 million visits a year, the 10-mile trail is Austin’s most recognized and popular recreational area. For many citizens and visitors, it represents the best Austin has to offer: outdoor recreation; a scenic, natural environment; and a diverse, vibrant mix of people. TTF is the non-profit organization dedicated to protecting, connecting, and enhancing this 200+ acre space for the benefit of all.
- Serve on the senior leadership team as an active participant in making decisions affecting the future of TTF.
- Lead strategic project planning to ensure initiatives and projects align with vision and mission of the organization.
- Create and manage $2+ million annual project budget. Evaluate monthly financials for accuracy. Participate in annual budget setting and end of year financial review.
- Shift project pacing from ‘one-at-a-time’, to managing and prioritizing 10+ projects simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain critical City of Austin departmental relationships.
- Collaborate and grow relationships with community partners to leverage additional resources to achieve over-lapping goals.
- Build and steward sustainable project processes to ensure efficiency of implementation.
- Write, manage, distribute, schedule RFQ processes.
- Identify appropriate consultants, vendors and contractors, negotiate their contracts, and manage the project team to reach project completion.
- Spearhead Project Committee comprised of Board Members and volunteers, who help direct project prioritization, implementation processes, and vision for future projects.
- Perform media interviews to be the face of the Foundation for all things project related.
- Speak publicly at conferences, panels, and more to expand the reach of the Foundation’s vision.
- Support development team by presenting projects to potential donors & creating project copy to support grant-writing & donor development.
- Hire and manage part-time and full-time employees to expand project implementation.
- Work with national partners to co-host a variety of events for invited professionals from around the country. National partners include: Central Park Conservancy Institute for Urban Parks: Urban Practitioner Roundtable Spring 2019, Urban Land Institute National Technical Assistance Panel August 2019.
- Feature Profile: Meet the Women Protecting the Butler Trail: atxwoman.com/meet-women-protecting-butler-trail
Project & Creative Director, The Trail Foundation (TTF), Austin, TX | 09/2010 – 12/2018
In addition to the activities listed above for Project Director, as Creative Director I performed these further duties: marketing, IT, communications (traditional and new media), graphic design, brand identity, web and more.
- Contribute to organizational identity and maintain brand consistency in all marketing and communications. Launch 15th-anniversary brand identity.
- Create, vision and design all marketing materials, internal, external, digital and print for events, mailers, website, social media, newsletters, fundraising; graphics and copy.
- Develop & execute strategies and collaborate on messaging, content, design, and production of marketing and fund solicitation materials (digital, print, social media, video and web) to highlight the work of TTF, our partners, stakeholders and donors.
- Design, build, code, write copy, structure and implement new website (TheTrailFoundation.org). Maintain major project website updates.
- Build and launch shared drive for organization.
- Select and implement software. Train staff in all software.
- Manage existing social media platforms (Facebook and Twitter). Launch Instagram presence.
- Manage the production of all marketing materials.
- Provide marketing and social media photography.
- Implement new CRM tool and integrate with website.
- Move all newsletter communications to MailChimp. Implement best practices. Redesign newsletter to match brand identity.
- Manage all volunteer events, from groups of 10 to groups of 100.
Landscape Designer, LEED AP, TBG Partners, Austin, TX | 05/2006 – 06/2009
Over 100 visionary minds, reshaping raw space into livable places across the country and abroad. A critical combination of 30-year industry veterans paired with dynamic, young talent, collectively composing, calculating, and anticipating the tendencies of living systems.
- Designed landscape plans from concept to construction with a focus on native plants to meet project sustainability and maintenance goals.
- Created accurate construction documents and design details in AutoCAD demonstrating understanding of the relationship of design and constructability.
- Created hand and computer renderings to communicate landscape design concepts to clients and partners.
- Managed and created project presentations to ensure design concepts and goals were easily understood.
- Worked collaboratively with other disciplines to achieve project goals.
- Prepared detailed cost estimates at each phase of design to ensure budget goals were achieved.
- Worked under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
Adobe Suite ● HTML/CSS ● Mailchimp ● WordPress ● CRM
Social Media Marketing ● cPanel ● Google Suite & Admin ● Microsoft Suite ● CAD ● GIS
Dressember, Team Leader and Top Fundraiser, dressember.org | 2014 – Present
The Dressember campaign creates life-saving grants for 12 organizations in the United States and around the world who are on the frontlines battling modern slavery, all by wearing dresses and ties for the whole month of December. Dressember’s vision is a world without slavery where all people are free to live vibrant, autonomous lives.
- 2014 – Current, Top fundraiser, raised $36,500+ over 6 years
- 2015 – Current, Team leader for Dress Well, Do Good, dresswelldogood.com
- Led international team to raise $165,000+ over 5 years
Austin Book Club, Founder & Facilitator, austinbookclub.com | 2008 – Present
- The Austin Book Club gathers together women across Central Austin to foster strong community and stimulating conversation through the discussion of a variety of books.
Midtown Church, Core Team Member, midtown.org | 2011 – 2019
Magnolia Montessori for All, Parent Design Committee Member, magnolia.montessoriforall.org | 2015-2016
- A volunteer team of design professions and parents of students that attend Magnolia Montessori for all, we advised the school leadership in the selection of an architect team to design the innovative Montessori campus in east Austin.